HP w2207h monitor to macbook pro and G5 problems

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by bwaye, Dec 18, 2008.

1. bwaye macrumors newbie

Recently purchased a HP W2207H 22" monitor. This monitor will not display correctly on my 1st generation G5 or the newest powerbook pro. The colors look like something from a bad Andy Warhol print from both computers. Look fine on my win laptop (what's up with that). The monitor does not have a DVI connection so I purchased a HDMI to DVI. Still no luck. Tried going from a mini DVI to VGA connection to HDMI with the Macbook. No Luck. The winbook is using the VGA connection with no problems. I would like to solve this problem and not return the monitor. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

2. kbettich macrumors newbie

having the same problem with HP w2207h

I am having the same problem with a new HP w2207h my hubby bought me for Chirstmas to work with my Macbook Pro. No matter what I do, I cannot get the highest resolution. When I set it to highest resolution, it is horribly fuzzy and the colors are off. Am I doing something wrong? I wen to HP sight to see if they have Mac OSX driver, none listed. Called HP and the idiot said that "it appears there is no OSX driver on our website", no sh..t sherlock. I am about ready to return it, assuming that it is not compatible with my Mac - what should I do?