HP Wireless printer problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tomb01, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Tomb01 macrumors 6502

I have an older wireless printer from HP (8500A). Yesterday was working with another segment of my home network, and setting up a remote garage door unit, and now I cannot connect to it. I can ping it, my printer system sees it when I click the + sign, but when I do 'configure' it, I get 'configuring the device', then after a bit I get 'unable to communicate with the printer at this time'. My wife's laptop still seems to print fine, but mine no longer connects to it. Reset the printing system, deleted all printers, same problem. Made sure my firewall was off, no change. Can connect to it with the cable, no problem. So, what would prevent my reconnecting over the network to a printer that is seen by my macbook? Sigh....

2. Tomb01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, must have been something in my network connection definition. Deleted all my network cards and 'saved' networks. Rebooted, and re added my wireless network card. Once I did that and reconnected to my home network, the printer seems to have come back to life....