HP ZR24w 24

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dimme, Jun 29, 2010.

1. dimme macrumors 65816

I want to pick up a 24" wide screen monitor for lightroom and Photoshop work. I like the price and specks of the HP ZR24w. Does anyone own one and care to comment on it. My budget is ~$500 for a IPS display. So it looks like the HP, or a Dell U2410 when it's on sale or a referbed 23 ACD.

2. NStocks macrumors 65816

I'm looking at buying the same monitor: HP ZR24W. For the price (around £330) it's a brilliant deal. The closest thing is a Dell which is at leat £100 more expensive and to me, doesn't look as nice.

I have a thread on here which has a few reccomendations, but after a lot of research I've decided to head for the HP. See: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=932761&highlight=nstocks as my specifications are similar to yours; below £400/$500 IPS and 24". It's got some great reviews but sadly since I don't own it, I can't comment.

I too will be using it for Lightroom, Photoshop and CAD work. A 16:10 aspect ratio display makes all the difference too apparantley. The latest MBP's have a 16:10 aspect ratio and they are a pleasure to work with... 16:9 are typically used for gamers and people who watch a lot of movies (plus they work out cheaper, but I'd rather invest in a larger screen with the benifits of better productivity )