HR and first few readings

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ejewels, May 15, 2018.

1. ejewels macrumors newbie

Hey All,

Just got a new AW3 GPS only, 42mm. Love it so far... its actually my second watch... first one I returned months ago and then missed it too much!

Anyways, I've found that even when not moving and just sitting at my desk... if I press the hr app to show hr, the first few readings are a tad higher, then go down to what I think is my actual HR. Is this normal? Does it take a few reads before it gets it more accurate? It also seemed to do this on my other AW3.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

What is you definition of “a tad higher”?

HR is dynamic and can change very quickly like your blood pressure.

3. ejewels thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, I've noticed it does change by a few bpm's... which I assume is normal. Just seems sometimes I'll look down, hit the heart icon and it will say 68, then go to 66, then to 62 and stay around there. It doesn't always happen, just seems sometimes the first reading is higher. Sometimes a good amount higher like 20bpm, sometimes only 1 or 2. I read about this before for the AW2 HR, where the reviewer said to get the most accurate reading... let it take a few readings first.

4. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

sounds normal to me. you can continuous on that app, i think

my S0 will sometimes jump to 124 when first starting out or maybe 32. since they are one time spikes i ignore them.