HR monitor turns grey while running

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Teddysjam, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Teddysjam macrumors member

ive noticed over my past few workouts while running my HR monitor is working then sometimes it turns grey'and stays at the HR or becomes blank then after a few starts working again what causes that or what is happening?

2. jakerichva macrumors member

Sounds like the watch is losing contact with your wrist. It needs to be in contact to measure the HR. I saw that a couple of times on my workouts, now use a wrist band to keep the watch a bit up my arm to make better contact. Seems to work better.

3. Newtons Apple, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have found that no matter how tight or loose and no matter how high or low on the wrist, there are times my AW does not maintain a HR reading sometimes. I have owned three AWs and all were the same.

4. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Tightening mine to where it doesn't move at all solved this for me but I only glance at it about ever 1/4 mile so it could do it and me not catch it. It was pretty bad before I figured out that it needed to be tight.

5. Vilacr macrumors regular

I had to get a heart rate monitor (polar H7 chest strap). My AW did the same thing.

6. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

Slightly high on the wrist and flipped around so it's on the inner part of your forearm (the side your palm faces) is the most accurate way to measure your HR, or so I've read.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have tried that multiple times and so have my friends and the AW still fails at times.