HTC Advantage

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by maxwelltech, Feb 18, 2014.

1. maxwelltech macrumors 6502

maxwelltech

Just read about this over on HTC's website. They now offer a free screen replacement within 6 months of purchase as well as guaranteed software updates for 2 years after launch. While I felt that the time period for the screen replacement is too short (should have been the entire 1-year warranty period), this seems like a good place to start and provide better customer service.

Hopefully the AT&T HTC One 4.4 update will come very soon.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You think that phone manufacturers should provide a free screen replacement for up to a year after you purchase a phone?

Nice sense of entitlement.:rolleyes:

3. maxwelltech thread starter macrumors 6502

maxwelltech

Yep, people always wanted to demand more aggressively to the manufacturers :D

4. Dav1boy macrumors member

Its only 6 months but its something right? I like to carry my phone without a case, albiet very carefully, but this gives me a little piece of mind. Its a good gesture on HTCs part

5. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Kinda annoys me tbh since it only applies in the US. I don't care about screens but I do care about updates.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

in my head I image breaking my phone and 8 weeks later getting the phone back b.c I have to ship it off.

7. cynics macrumors G3

What glass tech does HTC use now?

Are they offering this just as incentive or are they bettering on less screen breakages?

8. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

What happens after six months? What happens if your battery goes bad after eighteen months?

I don't believe that you should get something for nothing. But phone manufacturers should be required to provide this information along with a guaranteed term of firmware support, both in writing, before you buy the phone.

Apple is the only one I know of that does the first and no one that I know of does the second.

I don't think I should get a free screen replacement, but I should know the total cost of ownership before committing to buy.