HTC Aria, Palm Pre Plus, or iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipadfreak, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ipadfreak macrumors regular

I was wondering if I should get the palm pre plus, iPhone, or the new htc android aria?

2. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

All of us at Macrumors really like the Palm & Droid phones better.

3. anitrajw macrumors regular

Lmao, u really gonna ask this question on a mac forum???

4. juan370Z macrumors regular

5. DaveF macrumors 6502a

Yeah, you really want the Palm Pixi. Or maybe a Palm Treo. Windows Mobile, though, if you're a business user...though then I guess you'd want the Blackberry Storm.

6. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Haha. Exactly.

7. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Well I would suggest the motorola backflip for serious multitasking capability and excellent app market :rolleyes:.

8. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Funny thread :)

Seriously though, IMO, Palm is past its prime -- it can't compete with Android and iOS, despite it's new "WebOS". Maybe it'll come back in a few years, but I would definitely avoid a Palm.

As far as Android vs iOS, well -- this is an Apple forum, and obviously I think iOS is the best blend of great hardware and software rendering a fantastic UX (user experience).

I have a coworker with a Nexus One (Android) and it has a nice screen, but the new iPhone 4 will top that. The OS is also "choppy" to me compared to the smoothness of iPhone -- even on my 3G.

Hope this helps.

9. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Palm got bought by HP, and with the amount of capital that company has, they're not going anywhere anytime soon. I'd say its safe to buy a Palm, if that's what you like.

Best way to answer the OP is to try them all out and decide what suits your needs best.

10. supremeMilo macrumors member

Why would you ever get an Aria, even if the iPhone didn't exist.

Its pretty much iPhone or Nexus One if you have AT&T.

Protip: get the iPhone.

11. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Don't get the Aria, AT&T have screwed it up by restricting it from installing apps from outside of Android Market.

AT&T's screwing around with Android devices shouldn't be supported in any way IMO.

iPhone or Pré IMO.