Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
Is anyone tempted by this phone? It's an upgrade over last year's HTC Butterfly/Droid DNA but with the guts of the HTC One (albeit clocked at 1.9 GHz, same as the S4), an Ultrapixel camera and forward facing stereo speakers. It will come with 16GB of built-in storage coupled with a microSD card slot.

Link.

Will this affect sales of the HTC One? Since the Butterfly S seems to be more on par with the S4 with its 5 in screen and expandable storage.

PerfectDB

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2012
Boston, Lincolnshire
I don't see it affecting the One given that ther isn't a massive market for unlocked devices in the US at unsubsidised prices.

Even so, THIS is the phone HTC should've released to go up against the GS4. It's got a bigger screen, even bigger battery, micro SD slot and conventional button arrangement. Had it come with a 13MP camera it would have unquestionably been the best phone of 2013. It's a shame it'll unlikely see wider release.

That said, the unlocked price is not too far off the unlocked price of the One here in the UK, so I might be tempted to give it a shot.

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
I don't see it affecting the One given that ther isn't a massive market for unlocked devices in the US at unsubsidised prices.

Even so, THIS is the phone HTC should've released to go up against the GS4. It's got a bigger screen, even bigger battery, micro SD slot and conventional button arrangement. Had it come with a 13MP camera it would have unquestionably been the best phone of 2013. It's a shame it'll unlikely see wider release.

That said, the unlocked price is not too far off the unlocked price of the One here in the UK, so I might be tempted to give it a shot.

They might offer it as the Droid DNA S in the States. Since it has the Droid moniker, expect it to be Verizon-exclusive.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It looks like a real nice phone. HTC seems to be hitting the mark design-wise, imo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.