HTC Clock for iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ash9414, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

So I've been looking for about an hour now but I can't find the theme that I remember seeing before that made the lockscreen look like a HTC device.

I don't think the theme had HTC in it's name so I've had no luck in finding it on Cydia. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

lockinfo htc clock plugin?

3. Ash9414 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, it's not the LockInfo one. :/ I remember seeing someone who had it, and it looked really High Res but was just for the iPhone 3GS. And if I remember correctly, it had an odd name.

Bump.

4. MrDLai macrumors newbie

yea i tried the lockinfo one but it just seems a bit pixelated and the quality doesnt look that great

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Hmm, Looks Retina Quality and fine on my phone

[​IMG]

6. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I am loving your background .. Uhh err I mean clock;)

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Seriously, that is one awesome back[ground].

8. DinoMachino macrumors member

DinoMachino

bump

I was just looking for this last night. I found a winterboard clock w great htc style, but it required a hideous background, like rainbow swirly vomit n junk.

its like, htc plasma hd clock or something, search plasma htc if you want to find it.

IF i were so inclined, i might wrestle around with ssh'in new images into it, if someone directed me to a good place to learn how to get into and make winterboard themes, but i'm not so eager to do this that i'll search myself.

making the images is the easy part.

9. froggiemlm macrumors member

high rez on mine as well

so idk? maybe you are looking for a cydget?

10. Ash9414 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, I don't think it was that one, the clock background was taller (the white part) and the numbers were taller as well. I've been looking through pages and pages of threads but still can't find it. :/

Edit: I found this:

http://www.redmondpie.com/htc-hero-sense-ui-on-iphone/

It looked a bit like this, but it was just the clock widget.

11. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Thats a really cool theme, would trip some of my android buds out. Anyone tried this? Does it work well on the 4?

12. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

they're a lot more gimmicky than they look (ive tried several android, sense, blackberry, palm pre, etc themes)

many look incredible but so much of the theme is to simulate the interface without bringing the actual functionality, that it actually detracts from the experience

plus, the app launcher (lower left dock icon) will probably require either categoriesSB (costs money) or springjumps (not iOS4 compatible)

13. MacBook.Matt macrumors regular

hey man, im in the same boat. the lock-info plugin is absolutely not made for the retina display, and neither are any other that I've found.

Im pretty sure I know exactly what your referring to tho, its in the "Post your Jailbroken Home Screen Thread" Ill look for it right now, but its not gonna be much help. The owner tried to explain how he got it but it requires the modification of two different themes.

Found it: Is it this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MR member is Chiny I believe he said he took pieces from the HTC FX theme as well as the HTC HD2 theme. Would love to see a tutorial on what he did, It's the highest resolution HTC-like clock I've seen.

14. detronic macrumors member

I think what you are looking for is called "mobileme lockstyle" in cydia

15. Ash9414 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes! That is what I was looking for, thank you! I'll have a look through the themes and will see what I can do. :)

Page 24:

"Ok here it is, it's a combo of this themes HTC FX theme & True HTC HD2 theme. I used the HTC widget from the FX theme and the icons from True HTC HD2 that you have to get from ModMyI.com and HTC FX Theme you get from Cydia under the iphonerepocenter.com repo. Know other than that everthing else the rotating wallpapers and UI Images where taken from all over I can't hunt those down but, use what I gave u as a base and lets see what u can do. But I did get the rotating paper part from the Gruppled theme. And everything set right doesn't run the battery to much. Good Luck & post those Screen Shots"

16. MacBook.Matt macrumors regular

The MobileMe Lockstyle is actually a hi-res HTC like clock however its too big!! Its too big and looks really bad with lockinfo running too..and I can't figure out how to change the lock screen background as the MobileMe theme has its own attatched. Let me know how far you get into getting that HTC clock from the mix of the two themes..Im running Suave HD on the inside, but having that Hi Res clock on my lockscreen would be great!

17. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

how do you change the location in the htc clock? it says boston.

thanks

18. MacBook.Matt macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

SSH into var/stash/themes/mobilemelockscreen/private and edit the configureme file with TextEdit then upload the modified file and overwrite existing

19. Ash9414 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, well I've looked through the True HTC HD2 theme and there's not much there that's helpful to make the clock widget separately. Will look into the HTC FX theme later today.