HTC EVO 4G vs. iPhone 4 - Smartphone Smackdown!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apollo 13, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

2. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. dojoman macrumors 65816

OMG! EVO is massive phone. You blew it.

-Steve

4. ArmanSLR macrumors member

Lol I come to work with my new iPhone and a coworker has a Eco 4g. Says he pays 70$ a mo unlimited everything. The feature that wooed everyone but me is speech to text and it actualy got everything he said and he doesn't have the clearest voice either. The phone is too big IMO. Screen is not even close to the iphones.

5. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah the phone was to big for me and I have 8+in hands, but now I'm kind of regretting getting rid of it. I should have just taken it out of the case because the case made it HUGE. The battery wasn't even bad either. At the end of the day the Iphone is a Iphone and I can't do much with it.

6. 211269 macrumors member

These comparisons are always so stupid because there is no clear winner. Its like trying to argue Mercedes is better than BMW or the other way around. It all comes down to personal preference.

7. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

The Evo is huge. While the large screen is nice, again it's too big. I've got small hands and don't want my phone to be ginormous. I like the size of the iPhone 4 and it works well for me. Before I get flamed, my friend has an Evo and did get a chance to play with it and it is without a doubt Sprint's best phone. It's by no means bad, just not for me.

8. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I only think it's huge with a case on it. With out the case it's a beautiful phone. I wish the Iphone had buttons that way when we browsed the net or used certain apps the screen wouldn't be taken up by a menu screen. With the Iphone you really only get about 3in or less screen because of the menu bar.

9. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

The only issue I had with the video was calling battery life a tie... From the reviews I have read that should have gone to iPhone

10. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

that's because the Evo's battery isn't that bad. Not all reviewers complained about the battery. If you played with your new Iphone today you'll think it has crappy battery life also, but it doesn't because we are constantly playing with the phone because it's new. I was getting a whole day out of the Evo.

11. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

i could not have a phone as big as the evo, regardless if it was better or not (imo it still isnt anyway).

12. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I couldn't agree more... Sad thing is so many people have a bigger is better mentality that no matter what they will lean toward the evo.

The good thing for me is that I don't care what the "best" phone is i just care what the best phone for me is

13. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

and that's what should matter the most. A lot of ppl like to force their phone of choice on you.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Thanks for the link. Nice to see them side by side but man....that guy at wirefly needs to learn if you are going to review phones, make sure you charge them up before you do the filming! And use a sturdy table! :D

The first video was better. And I think they have been pretty fair comparisons. There are definitely things the EVO does better and there are definitely things the iPhone does better. There truly is no perfect device that does it "all".