HTC HD7 aka HD3.....oh dear.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sat165, Oct 11, 2010.

1. sat165 macrumors regular

oomph, fook me, being an iphone 4 owner i dnt usually get swayed by these ********* 'iphone killers' but just look at the specs of this phone! isit time to start getting scared...

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Why would one be "scared"?

If you enjoy the phone you have, then isn't it somewhat irrelevant that there is a phone out there that has a faster processor? It's when the iPhone 4 stops being able to fulfil its tasks that we should be 'scared' (and even then 'scared' is too strong a term...)

On that premise, so what if there is a phone with a core 2 processor and a discrete GPU, as long as your phone can do what you need it to, it'll be fine.

What I don't get is why people give a crap about what other phones can do. It's what the phone you have can do that is important.

If one was about to buy a phone, then the comparisons are relevant, and at times informative, but you alraedy have a phone. Use it. And stop being 'scared'.

3. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Thank you, Lucifiel! Well said.

I wish I had the 17" MacBook Pro. Hell, I wish I had a telecommuting job and have a Mac Pro 8-core at home.

But my 90-minute commute to the city, my 2007 black MacBook and my 16GB iPhone 4 does me fine.

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

WP7 might need all of that 1Ghz if it's doing this:

Would you wait 3 minutes for NOVA, Epic Citadel or PvZ to load?

5. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Nope. :)

6. Maziar macrumors 6502

I wouldn't call it a better spec'd phone.
    iPhone 4 has a better display(resolution wise), and also judging from other HTC's 5MP/8MP phones,iPhone 4 should have a better camera.
    HD3 is pretty much the same old HD2 but with Winmo7,HD video recording and S-LCD

7. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

And then mid summer Apple will do it's yearly refresh to bring the iPhone up to parity with the advancements in the industry for the past year setting the stage for another year of "iPhone killers" that "scare" us. :D

In all honesty, I am never scared because I know, in a year, when i can actually buy a new phone, the new iPhone will represent all the advancements in the industry. If you buy new phones in a lifecycle shorter than 12 months, then sure, you can be scared. :cool:

8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

MS doesn't even have angry bird apps. Also they will have about 2000 apps vs 250000 apps on app store. MS still has a lot of catching up to do. HD 7 is like Evo 4G with Window 7 on it.

9. citizenal macrumors regular

I like the phone and the specs. Is it something to be worried about, depends on how much you like ios. I love ios so I'm not worried at all.

10. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

Nothing to be worried about really. There are already Android phones out with similar specs. The Metro UI is nice, but it's nothing revolutionary like the first iPhone. If anybody has anything to worry about, it should be RIM. MS has always had a strong presence in enterprise, and a WinPho could easily be made an extension of MS stuff already in use in a lot of large companies. The game stuff is just to show off, where WinPho will really shine is in enterprise messaging integration.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

While I agree the specs look impressive, it remains to be seen how it will perform and what the new OS is like.