HTC iPhone killer hits Sydney

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ezekielrage_99, Jun 24, 2008.

1. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Found this on SMH this morning

So I would be guessing it's safe to say that the 3G iPhone in Australia would be $80 per month and the handset would be selling for $250 (accord to this)

2. MikeNemat macrumors regular

iPhone killer eh. I had an E-Ten X500+ WM6 PocketPC phone (much fancier than any HTC device short of the Kaiser) and I promptly sold it after I tried the iPhone. Windows Mobile is a slow unreliable pile of crap.

3. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I'll second that!

4. Ryan.Fork macrumors member

The Diamond beats the Kaiser ten-fold (and if you prefer a slide-out keyboard then look to the Touch Pro - a qwerty version of the Diamond). And while I'll agree that Windows Mobile can be slow at times, the TouchFLO 3D interface looks amazing, and the Diamond has quite a bit of power to make your experience a little faster.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

And look at all the people lining up to get one...

6. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

It's being offerd by Telstra after all, people will be getting a fantastic deal, value for money and some of the best tech support in the world.

I really can't see why you'd get an iPhone on Optus.

7. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

The HTC Diamond could be the iPhone killer it were not tied to WM. I read some reviews that say the Touch Flo3D is awesome, but unfortunately only goes one layer deep and then your back into the crappy WM interface.

My buddy at work bought one and had to exchange it because the call quality was crap. Apparently there was a ROM update that fixed this, but my buddy is still waiting for a new one to be sent to verify.

Again, I think the device itself looks pretty cool, but it is all about software after a certain point. I think the iPhone has created the perfect balance so far (aside from missing a front camera).:D

8. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

iPhone killer idk it's a very good phone IMO it's the only phone thats out or thats coming out that's anywhere close to the iPhone. Yes it does have WM but you can use opera mini which is a plus.

9. kamiboy macrumors 6502

Apple should copyright the term iPhone killer, it seems anyone can just walk in and use it these days. Being compared to pieces of sheit like this is diminishing the worth of the iPhone brand.

10. entwife macrumors regular

i had a htc, spec semed good but windows was crap, it was the newer one at the time too (6), slow slow slow

11. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's actually a compliment to the iPhone that other products are classed as iPhone killers. It means Apple have a product that is classed as the one to beat.

The iPod is exactly the same. Every new player is always compared with the iPod, you never hear anything about the latest Zune killer. ;)