HTC One 3g problem

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Achillias, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Achillias macrumors regular

Hello guys i'm not sure if i just got a faulty HTC One. The current problem i have is with the 3g connectivity. I recently switched from provider, and bought the HTC One. Everything seems to be working fine when i'm signed on a wifi connection. However when i'm using my 3G connection i seems to be losing the connection after a couple of minutes browsing on sites.

I tought i had a faulty simcard so i exchanged it, but even with this new sim i still keep losing the 3G connection. Are the wifi and 3G antenna seppeared so one could be faulty or should it be a provider problem when my wifi just works fine?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Is your signal okay? How many bars do you get?

3. Achillias thread starter macrumors regular

Signal on wifi is perfect also the 3G logo seems always to be on. However when i use the browser to read news on websites on 3G the connection seems to get lost while the 3g logo is still activated. I just want to know if wifi and 3g use the same signal module or are they different.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

They are on different modules according to the teardown:
    http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/HTC+One+Teardown/13494/2

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Ring your service provider. They may have to tinker some settings their side. Often a call to your carrier will resolve issues like this and you'll find its just some setting their end not yours.

6. blitzer09x87 macrumors 6502

probably the signal strength is weak, or the phone is faulty.

7. Achillias thread starter macrumors regular

Already done that they said everything was fine i even exchanged the sim and got a new one but still the same problem.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Very strange indeed .... :confused:

Have you done a factory reset ?