HTC One Mini Finally Official

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by MF878, Jul 18, 2013.

1. MF878 macrumors regular

MF878

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/18/htc-one-mini/

It is, in my opinion, a solid mid range contender (definitely more solid than the S4 mini, that's for sure). I get that most of us here are fishing at the top end, but I find that this will be a very interesting proposition for mid range buyers, especially with a far more premium design than would be typically expected from a mid range Android device.

I can see it now though, you'd be lucky if HTC ever gave you a software update.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Is there any news on the off contract price? That is really the main factor.

3. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Hopefully HTC will sell this on their website, too. I wonder about the off contract price, too.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Looks nice. The only draw back in my opinion is the storage. It is only 16GB.

5. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

6. kasakka macrumors 68000

Looks nice, though it isn't all that "mini". If they had been able to make it with less bezel around the screen and less overall length it would've been better. Would've also liked a bit more RAM as that 1 GB will no doubt eventually be just a tad too little.

Still, nice to see something decent for those who prefer smaller phones but don't want all this qHD res crap that others are peddling.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

8. PajamaPants macrumors member

Also want/need to know the price and it is a shame that it is non expandable. I can see myself getting a warning about storage in a month. But well, unibody aluminium awesomeness has its cons.

9. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

16GB is not bad. I have 50 apps running on mine at the moment, and it only has 2GB of space.

10. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

16gb isnt bad. Most people get along with it just fine. Hell. I'm managing with 8gb with 5.67gb useable to the user. I think for a midrange phone 16gb is fine.