HTC One - Windows 8.1 Phone

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Tig Bitties, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Tig Bitties, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014

Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

I am an Android nerd, used to like Apple and the iPhone, but too much of the same thing from them lately, and I like to see and try fresh new tech. Well here we go, finally a killer piece of hardware and beautiful design, running the latest Windows 8.1 OS

HTC One M8 with Windows Phone 8.1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3AgcltUM9s

The HTC One M8 for Windows is an HTC One running Windows Phone 8.1
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/19/6...lish and sophistication Android and iOS. [/I]

2. scott craft macrumors 6502a

I haven't completely decided, but I'm thinking of getting this phone. According to some posters on WPCentral the Windows Phone version has great battery life.

3. lparsons21 macrumors 6502

lparsons21

It definitely does have great battery life.

My biggest battery sucker is the golf GPS app I use. On my previous Android phone it would suck the battery nearly dry from a full charge. On my iPhone 5 that I traded in the same app would suck about 70% from full.

This after just an 18 hole round.

The HTC One M8 Windows that I have now easily does 36 holes and pulls less than 50% of the battery down. I've never had a phone with such superb battery life.

4. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

5. lparsons21 macrumors 6502

lparsons21

I read the reviews and comments from all sorts of sources.

In the end, the only significant difference is in apps. I found the apps I wanted were available on my iPhone 5 as well as on the HTC One M8 Windows, so for me it was a very positive move.

The upcoming new things from Apple are things I don't care about at all, and have no need for. So switching to a WP was simple and easy.