HTC Or Iphone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rm2092, Feb 17, 2010.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

Ok I am a big fan of Apple owning 5 of there products but the 3G with AT&T really sucks unless your in a WIFI spot so I have been thinking of going back to Verizon and get one of the Android phones, not the Droid. has anyone here made the switch or know anyone and are they happy with the Android ? I have thought of the Google Nexus One with T Mobile but not to sure abought there service. Oh what will I give up if I ditch the Iphone ?
    Thanks...

2. Ab10la macrumors newbie

Why don't you try the nexus one and see if you like it. If you don't, just send it back. I ordered mine last night. From whatbive seen of it, it's a great phone that will do a lot for you. What I will miss about the iPhone is only the larger app library. However as android grows it won't be a problem. And I am going to tmibile which has cheaper plans than Att. 500 min with unlimited text and data is only $60 bucks, compared to 90 on Att.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

It probably depends more on your area than the actual phone you are using
    So it will probably be difficult to get a good feel from someone in a different area

User A may say "I switched to T-Mobile's XYZ phone and it is great", but T-Mobile in your area may be lacking

User B may say "I use the ABC phone on Verizon and it sux", but Verizon in your area may rock

Some make their choices because of the actual phone
    Others because of the service
    And still others because of the costs of the plan
    Or maybe even a combination of all of the above

I personally like the iPhone, and while I might rather have Verizon (because of my kids), I still use AT&T and endure the occasional hiccup (like no service last night)

Your mileage will vary, so good luck with finding the balance you are seeking

4. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

EXACTLY what I did. Cheaper plans, at least as good phone if not better.

5. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

The Nexus One looks great and that is the phone I would get if I got rid of my iPhone. AT&T has great coverage where I live so at this point I have no complaints. I think I may hold off getting the next iPhone so that in another year I'll be out of my contract and can leave AT&T if I want to.