Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shawndon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2010
Hi Everyone,

First of all, I'm new here. I really like the site and it is very informative. But, I have a problem. I have had Rock and Cydia both for about 8 mos. now. After seeing some of the winterboard themes, I decided to install lockinfo with the weather icon and the HTC plugin. I then noticed that my phone started to get warm. Last night I noticed the weather icon no longer updates and was stuck on 77 degrees. And also last night, my phone was at 50% when I woke up it was completely dead. This brings me to my question. Can this be the cause of the problem? I didn't noticed it until after I installed the HTC plugin. Any help you have is greatly appreciated. I dont know if I should restore the phone and take it to the apple store or just uninstall those apps.

Shawn

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I use the same plug in along with a few others for lockinfo and do not have an similar problems. What I would suggest is maybe deleting the programs, then reboot the phone. Then go back to cydia and reinstall them again and reboot after again. Sometimes stuff just doesn't install quit right and can cause all sorts of strange issues like what you experienced. Good luck.

shawndon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2010
Problem solved. I found out one the email accounts linked to my phone was causing the issue. I removed that account. I will monitor it to be sure. I also switched the weather icon source to iPhone weather instead of the weather channel. The only thing I don't like is that the weather icon on the lock screen does not change the weather when you travel to different states.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.