HTC plugin removes installous 4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iphonelov3, Mar 21, 2011.

1. iphonelov3 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight trouble with my newly jailbroken iPod Touch 3g ver 4.2.1 model.

I'm new to this forum and jailbreaking, so please bear with me if something seems too obvious, dumb, etc. Thanks!

The trouble is this: I installed Installous 4 from hackulo and lockinfo from xstellze. AFTER having installed Installous 4, I wanted to get a new lockscreen so I was going to install HTC plugin for Lockinfo..when I read that it was going to remove my installous 4.

Why does the HTC Plugin remove Installous 4 upon installment? Is there a way for me to have both HTC lockscreen and Installous 4?? Please help! Thank you!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There are a few reasons why it does this. Reason one: Installous is illegal as it helps the end user pirate apps. Pirating apps is not allowed on Macrumors. Reason two: Buy LockInfo instead of using a cracked version. Discussion of cracked apps is not allowed on Macrumors either. So end lesson, just buy the apps and pay for everything legally.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

thats pirate talk and is not allowed on this forum

4. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Duck... No one on this forum does any kind of wrong, ever.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    We're all saints here.

6. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Eh, saints or not, those are just forum rules. There's plenty of other forums for this discussion though outside of Macrumors so it's not like it's that big a deal.

7. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Why don't you just purchase any Apps/Tweaks that you want? They only cost a few dollars.

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Whether we're saints or not, the only advice we have for you is to pay for your apps. Stop being a loser.

9. iphonelov3 thread starter macrumors newbie

now that's what i'd call a warm welcome....

people, i'd ask you to calm down a bit. when i read "iphone hacks" on the forum title, i initially thought that this forum allowed discussions of pirated apps/cracked apps. i wasn't aware that macrumors forums did not allow these kind of questions and that the board generally looked down upon those who use cracked apps.

well, thanks for the help.

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i dont look down on you, i'm most likely downloading a torrent of some kind as im typing this but rules is rules. im sure you can google your question and find a result

11. walie macrumors 6502a

its in the Rules/Terms of Service when you signed up

lame excuse

12. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Oh please... Like you read the terms of service when you signed up.

13. Orion126 macrumors regular

Unless you read every Rules/ToS and EULA from all forums/websites/programs you use don't pass judgment.

14. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Biggest lie in the entire world?;

"Check here if you've read and agree to our terms"

<check>

OK, lemme in!

15. walie macrumors 6502a

yes, i did skim over it when i signed up, but it doesn't matter what i did, its still a lame excuse and your justification is even lamer

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Kinda like the privacy policies updates I receive.
    Straight in the trash all pages:D

17. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I'll guarantee you could not list 10 points from the TOS without looking at it. And when you say 'skim it over' I'm sure your eyes just saw a few words while you were scrolling down to the 'next' button.

18. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Yeah, we all agreed to the terms, and I hate app piracy as much as the next guy because I'm all for supporting app developers, but don't start just throwing garbage like this out at people. Let's be real here, the lame excuse is using this as a reason. If you study over every terms of service before posing a question on a forum then you probably need a life.