HTC Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MaddieBrad, Jul 25, 2007.

1. MaddieBrad macrumors regular

MaddieBrad

Have you guys seen HTC's attempt to plagiarize the iPhone? Just kidding ,... I actually love HTC phones. I use the TyTN at the moment... great windows phone. I use that and markspace to sync with my mac.

http://www.htctouch.com/

b

2. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

Wow, no offense to you or anything, but...

1. That thing is butt-ugly.
    2. I think it's funny how, to switch screens, HTC copied Apple's quick user switching transition.
    3. Looks cool otherwise. Maybe a cheaper alternative to the iPhone?

3. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

looks like the $39.99 stud finder I bought at Home Depot.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Not entirely bad, but still no slick look like the iphone.

5. joeconvert macrumors 6502

I would say it is one of the more attractive WM phones out there. Nice improvement over what Palm and others have on the market.

Still feeling pretting good about ditching the Treo 750 for the iPhone though. Nothing wrong with others keeping the pressure on Apple.

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

I recently ran across this interesting, and pretty fair, comparison between the iPhone and HTC Touch.

HTC Touch vs iPhone

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'll pass....I'm not a big fan. Seems like its trying to turn Windows Mobile into a media based OS for phones. Its not...its a work based OS, with media support.

I'll take my iPhone...or a BlackJack, Palm Treo, BlackBerry Curve over it!

8. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

I had the HTC 8525 before the iPhone and loved it. So I am a fan of HTC. But post-iPhone? Mmm, not so much. :eek:

9. sbrownla macrumors regular

embarrassing

yeah, the Touch was/is embarrassing. HTC should have done something like what the Prada phone has.

The iPhone definitely sets a high bar for phone interfaces but the HTC phone is far, far more productive.

10. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

You know, that's sad. The Touch doesn't deserve to be slaughtered like that. The iPhone is far superior to the HTC Touch IMO.

I'm LOL @ the "third party apps" props because a crappy mobile OS NEEDS 3rd party apps. And the landscape keyboard is so wack taking up the entire screen! That conclusion came down to the reviewer's preference. He needs email via push and 3rd party apps, so the HTC Touch wins?! Purely a matter of preference.

11. uscmatt macrumors member

Yeah, that was hardly a fair review. I can't believe he said the HTC keyboard was better than the iPhone, and the 3rd party app he had to install doesnt have near the intelligence the iphone keyboard has. I say that when you admit being biased in your review, your review holds no credibility.

12. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Admitting bias is far better than people who pretend to be objective but have silent agendas.

I will take an openly biased review over an "objective" one every day and twice on Sundays.

Why?

Because if I know the bias, I can then make an informed decision based on the fact, rather than trying to guess what hidden biases might be operational.

This is something that, sadly, most journalists simply do not get.

13. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

if it's os us not made by ms i would think it's kinda cool. windows mobile 6 sucks... big time