HTC Widget HD wallpaper problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sensamic, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Sensamic macrumors 68030

Hi all.

I just downloaded the cool HTC Widget HD with the forecast and it shows my background on black and with white lines on the borders of the screen. No wallpaper. The white lines are pretty annoying.

Whats the solution so I can have the widget with my own wallpaper and get rid off those white lines? I tried selecting user wallpaper on winterboard and no result.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. iJabareen macrumors newbie

3. HaloCod27 macrumors newbie

I too have this problem, mine is for the iTouch first gen.

4. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

OK, I decided to dl this widget and see what the deal is. In the Wallpaper.html there is some code pointing the background to

/private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackgroundPortrait.jpg

It is way down towards the bottom.

Delete this part:

/private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/

so it just says HomeBackgroundPortrait.jpg

Then you need to find your own wallpaper and name it HomeBackgroundPortrait.jpg and place it in the "Private" Folder under the HTC Widget HD theme.

[​IMG]

5. HaloCod27 macrumors newbie

After looking around for a bit, I actually found this great alternative to HTC Widget HD, that's a lot better.

HTC Weather Animated. Get it from Cydia.

When you get it, it doesn't show up in Winterboard, but it gives you an app called PerPage. This allows you to select what pages you want it in! (Say you only want it on page 1 for example, or page 3, ect.)

The best part is it can be used with whatever theme or background you want. I personally just use a user background, which you can select from Cydia.

Hope I helped!