Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tarrant64

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
What's a good free editor for HTML 5 programming in OS X? (other than plain txt editor)?

TIA

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
Netbeans, Espresso, Textmate and Coda are all worthy editors for anything web based when combined with CSSEdit for CSS.

RobertD63

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2008
A place
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B5097d Safari/6531.22.7)

I preach coda. I just love that it auto compleates stuff. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. While your at it, you use safari you could check out coda notes.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I'm not sure why we have stickies in forums if people aren't ever going to read them. All mentioned applications, plus more are listed in the stickies along with tons of other help links and information.

RobertD63

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2008
A place
I'm not sure why we have stickies in forums if people aren't ever going to read them. All mentioned applications, plus more are listed in the stickies along with tons of other help links and information.
The software list is horrible im not going to lie. That sticky is hard to follow, and I wouldn't want to go through 10 pages to find something. Just sayin'. :)

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
The software list is horrible im not going to lie. That sticky is hard to follow, and I wouldn't want to go through 10 pages to find something. Just sayin'. :)

The list has the same stuff here so I guess you're listing horrible stuff then. The one sticky has all the most relevant stuff on the first post so you don't have to go through pages. Going through the stickies is no harder than reading follow on posts to this thread.

RobertD63

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2008
A place
The list has the same stuff here so I guess you're listing horrible stuff then. The one sticky has all the most relevant stuff on the first post so you don't have to go through pages. Going through the stickies is no harder than reading follow on posts to this thread.
No its a bad formed list. Its not even really a list, just a bunch of posts of people saying what they use. It should be a list. I understand why he asked the question because he wants to ask what is the best right now. That thread was started a while ago.

NSWMaps

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
Just a note: Coda has spotty HTML5 autocomplete, which may or may not be important. Coda 2 isn't far off now though (I hope!)

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA

Attachments

• mr-sticky.gif
    mr-sticky.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 84
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.