HTML 5 programming

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Tarrant64, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Tarrant64 macrumors member

What's a good free editor for HTML 5 programming in OS X? (other than plain txt editor)?

TIA

2. Nsutton macrumors member

Nsutton

3. celticpride678

4. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Netbeans, Espresso, Textmate and Coda are all worthy editors for anything web based when combined with CSSEdit for CSS.

5. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B5097d Safari/6531.22.7)

I preach coda. I just love that it auto compleates stuff. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. While your at it, you use safari you could check out coda notes.

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I'm not sure why we have stickies in forums if people aren't ever going to read them. All mentioned applications, plus more are listed in the stickies along with tons of other help links and information.

7. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

The software list is horrible im not going to lie. That sticky is hard to follow, and I wouldn't want to go through 10 pages to find something. Just sayin'. :)

8. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

The list has the same stuff here so I guess you're listing horrible stuff then. The one sticky has all the most relevant stuff on the first post so you don't have to go through pages. Going through the stickies is no harder than reading follow on posts to this thread.

9. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

No its a bad formed list. Its not even really a list, just a bunch of posts of people saying what they use. It should be a list. I understand why he asked the question because he wants to ask what is the best right now. That thread was started a while ago.

10. NSWMaps macrumors member

Just a note: Coda has spotty HTML5 autocomplete, which may or may not be important. Coda 2 isn't far off now though (I hope!)

11. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

This sure looks like a list to me.

Attached Files:

12. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

Thats great, but when I'm looking for a program I'm not going to click "Beginning Website Design and Development". I'm going to click the title that sounds like it will have programs in it like the one that isn't a complied list.