HTML email problems

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by mashinhead, Jun 15, 2010.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

So i'm trying to create an html email for a friend.

I created the graphics. Saved the html.
    uploaded the images to my site so they are public
    Opened the page in safari and hit cmd I to mail the page.

Problem is when the email is sent the images to not appear. The table does. but the images don't. I really don't know how to get around it. Any suggestions?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Have you looked at the HTML that gets sent? Maybe something isn't getting sent correctly. Also, are you sure the email client isn't blocking images? Mine does.

3. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Well i've sent it to myself at mutliple email addresses, and checked it in multiple devices, ipad, iphone, yahoo mail through browser as well as through mail and it all shows up fine.

When you say check, how do i check and what am i checking, I don't know how to look at the code of the recieved email to see if there are errors in it

And when you say block, i'm assuming you mean that the client will prompt you to download the images, which it does form some, but when i click okay in all my email addresses it shows up, but not for others

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Well, for web-based emails, I'd use the browser's View Source option to see the HTML on the page. For desktop clients it's trickier some times. Some may have a view source option, or if you can view full source sometimes that will work.

5. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

I managed to find the view source and it seems to all be ok. I did find one little error and sent it to test. waiting for a response from my recipients

6. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

7. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

yea i think that was it

8. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

You'll need to use the full image path "http://www.example.com/images/your-mom.gif" instead of "images/your-mom.gif" on every img tags.