HTML jQuery Photo Album

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by malofx, Dec 16, 2015.

1. malofx macrumors member

malofx

Hello everyone,

I have a ton of pics and I would like to upload them into my site which is HTML/CSS, is there a code/way to make it easier to upload those pictures to my website without having to insert them one at a time on the HTML? I have 3 events and a total of 400 pics.

Thank you in advanced.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I have used http://galleria.io in the past. There's probably better options, either way whichever one you use is probably going to either read from a folder, or have you use some code around the paths.

Usually do a find and replace (this is for the ending):

Find: .JPG
    Replace: .JPG with the code

And then add the beginning to the first bit of the line.

You can copy and paste the actual filenames from Finder by just selecting everything, Command-C, and then Command-P it into your editor. If you can get it to add the actual path, it will make finding and replacing the first part easier. I don't know how to do that myself, but I'm sure someone else does.

3. 960design macrumors 68000

Yep, open your server. Drag and drop all images to an 'images' folder. Write a little JavaScript loop (or use jQuery) to grab each image and insert it into the page.

To upload images to your server using a 'form' will require a backend language like PHP, Python, Ruby, ect.

4. malofx thread starter macrumors member

malofx

I might try this, all thou, I do like the idea better of uploading a folder directly to the server and have a code read the images inside that folder and magically place them on my site.

This is what I have now.

Oscarmalo.com

If anyone has a code I can manipulate please send it my way, I am a beginner thou.

Thank you