HTML links not working in email or texts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whiskeyvol, Mar 24, 2011.

1. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

click on the links, nothing. I can copy the link, paste into browser and it works fine. But for some reason the link won't open itself in a browser.

I've called apple care - no help. Did a restore, then couldn't get my phone to restore (error 1013?), so I had to take it to the apple store. Only thing they did differently was air sprayed the connection bay on the phone. Full restore, everything worked fine.

I get home, restore my backup, and the problem returns. Only thing I can think of is the phone is unsure of which browser to use? I use both safari and atomic, but never had this happen until 2 days ago.

Any suggestions? Anyone experienced anything like this before?

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

What happens if you delete atomic?

3. whiskeyvol thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8F190)

same thing. links won't open. I know it has to be one of my apps, but I don't wanna go through the diagnostics of deleting all, and adding til I find the problem

4. whiskeyvol thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8F190)

I found this link that explains a similar problem, but I cannot understand the last post at all

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241058

5. whiskeyvol thread starter macrumors regular

bumping this 'cause I'm not finding any help anywhere

6. whiskeyvol thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)

apparently my restrictions were preventing safari from opening. everything works fine now!