HTML Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rocketman8, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Rocketman8 macrumors newbie

Using Apple Mail, is there any way to compose mail in HTML, where the font used to compose won't be overwritten by the default plain text font in the recipient's inbox?

Basically, I want the emails I send to look exactly like they do when they're on my screen, not reformatted to a plain text.

2. mogrefy macrumors member

Bump...

Anyone? No answer?

I'm having the same "problem", I need to have my clients receive respectable emails - I wonder if I have to migrate from mail.app to entourage?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The OP and you are asking for something that flies in the face of how HTML works. The recipient's email client renders messages as best it can. Think. Would you really want your customers to see a blank page if they don't have your favorite font installed?

4. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

I have a bit of a workaround - make a web page formatted how you want the HTML mail pages to look then, once it is uploaded to the web, command-I that page in safari to send page contents via mail.app. When the page opens tell mail.app to save that as a mail stationery and just turn that on when needed.

It's not elegant but will give you what you're after.

Hth

5. mogrefy macrumors member

My response that would be that I'm not using a font that the other computer doesn't have. I say this because the signature shows in the font desired, it is ONLY the body that defaults to times new roman despite using the same font in the signature and the message body.

Right now my "workaround" is to add an extra x to the top of the signature, then when composing i have to delete the extra body line mail.app inserts, and then replace the "x" with what I want to type in the body. This formats the entire message the same way the signature is formatted, and thus shows in the appropriate font on the Outlook client.

This definitely isn't "it just works" though.

6. arland macrumors newbie

work around ~ html mail stationery

I like the potential of MudBug's work around. What advise do you have for someone who is clueless about making a web page to upload, in order to pull into mail and make the template, and once in mail as a stationery are you able to add text and edit therein? Thanks for any advise.

7. Maerten macrumors newbie

When i'm doing this the images won't appaer in the recievers mailbox.. very strange.
    Lay-out is fine and text to.. but i've got some problems with the images..
    The cute little blue box with a ? in it appaers..