HTML redirect in iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ert3, May 27, 2008.

1. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

anyone here know how to make an HTML redirect in iWeb

never mind I found that it works if I manually edit the HTML file on my iDisk

2. Wikinerd macrumors 6502

Sorry for the late reply, hope this helps anyway...

You can make a js widget within that page that redirects into other sites/pages such as

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--

parent.window.location="Your/Link/Here.html";

// -->
    </script>

You can insert this onto the page by selecting "insert>html snippet" from the top menu

and if you're linking to one of your other sites, you can use relative linking; but remember, what you have here is in a widget separate from the main html file; so lets say you've got a page under /Site1/mypage.html that contains that widget, you will find that widget in /Site1/mypage files/widget0_markup.html

so, if you want to redirect to, say, /Site2/page2.html, you'll need go back 1 more time than usual, thus,

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--

parent.window.location="../../Site2/page2.html";

// -->
    </script>

(I might have messed something up and went back one time too little, but you get the idea)

3. Rondi macrumors newbie

Redirecting from a defunct website

Hi there
    I have an old website that is well linked on the Web and I happily created a new one in IWeb and totally forgot about redirecting all of the old links. Since it no longer exists, what to do? It is not hosted on .mac, but on godaddy.com.

Thanks for your help!

4. Wikinerd macrumors 6502

Can you explain your situation further? It does seem a bit unclear...

So you are saying that you now replaced your old website with your iWeb one, and you want to do the redirects again?

5. Rondi macrumors newbie

html redirect issue

Hi there
    What I mean is that I created a new site in IWeb (the old one was in Dreamweaver), and all of the urls are different now. So I didn't go to each page in Dreamweaver and redirect to the revised site, which means that people who linked to me now have dead links.

Actually, Google has found my home page by now, but links that were to other pages are now defunct and since that site is no longer up, I can't redirect any of the pages, right?

6. Wikinerd macrumors 6502

Yep.

Best solution: Make them

And being an SEO enthusiast myself, I do suggest you do so ASAP, so that the next crawler won't fall into another trap in your broken links...

Or at least go and create one redirect (like as in one file that redirects to one page), and upload it to every old defunct page.

7. grandeabc macrumors member

grandeabc

Thank you! Still working properly!:)

8. donnercruz macrumors newbie

Redirect Question

I used the redirect script to redirect a page in the nav bar. My question is, is there any way to modify this script so that the redirect opens in a new window?

9. bayles2006 macrumors newbie

I might sound dumb but what do i need to type in and where?

If i can do it can you redirect from one site you have made in iweb to another? would this be a way of creating users if you embed a google (or other) form and received the information you could set up a site with their username and password and redirect to the content you want to protect?