html to pdf?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kuliand, Nov 7, 2008.

1. kuliand macrumors newbie

Hi are there any apps that can convert a directory of html files to a PDF file?

2. musique macrumors regular

musique

HTML to PDF conversion with options?

I found this thread from November 2008 and it asked the question I need answered. The fact that there were no replies does not give me much hope.

Nevertheless, here’s my situation: I am the managing editor for a small online-only journal that’s been publishing online (free to both authors and readers) since the mid-1990s.

On occasion we get requests for reprints of an article, but simply printing the article using the Mac’s “Save as PDF” doesn’t work well. Because we’ve always been online we have quite a few images. A small representation of the image is used in-line (128 x 196 pixels). When you click on that small image it takes you to a new URL where there’s the full-sized image (~500KB). Pretty regularly there are also tables that are similarly linked.

I’m wondering if there is any news about some kind of HTML to PDF conversion program that may give us the ability to customize the way the PDF is created so that we can include the full-sized images or tables as additional PDF pages.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

musique

3. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Create another version with the full size images on your local drive, then print that version.

4. keithOrbit macrumors member

5. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Yeah, I guess the OP wants to get around manually creating another version...

Not sure if this is possible with Automator. I am pretty sure that you can do it with AppleScript, but I'm not proficient enough myself to present a solution here.

6. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Not perfect, but convenient

You can play with it...

Safari, File, Print...

Attached Files:

7. EdWilliams macrumors newbie

There are many excellent tips to convert a directory of html files to a PDF file.
    Thanks guyz for sharing.