HTML viewer app?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SamVilde, Apr 27, 2011.

1. SamVilde macrumors regular

SamVilde

I'm looking for a very very simple app so that I can work on (edit & view offline) my webpage from the iPad.

On my MacBook I use TextEdit to code. I do not want anything that writes code for me or makes changes to my code.

Just to be able to edit .HTML pages, manually type changes, and then preview them.

Seems like something that should exist. Any ideas??

Thanks.

2. danrel macrumors member

danrel

I highly recommend Textastic. It's the most fully featured and most seemingly stable HTML, etc editor in the App Store. It also supports syntax highlighting for just about every modern language.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id383577124?mt=8

3. SamVilde thread starter macrumors regular

SamVilde

Thanks, I'll check them out. Will either of these let me access dropbox or store pages within the app? I really want to be able to work offline. My iPad is wireless only and I like to leave the house.

4. SamVilde thread starter macrumors regular

SamVilde

Oh - I see that textastic does work with dropbox. That's perfect. Thanks!

5. mrrish macrumors regular

mrrish

I bought both. I was very disappointed with Gusto, it feels like it's still work in progress and I haven't seen an update in some time. Sure it pretty, but textastic was really developed with the user in mind. It has code highlighting for php, css, html (something gusto doesn't have). It also lets you selectively push single files to a server with 2 taps as wells as download the most recent version off the server (also with two taps). Very intuitive and a must buy.