http://results.googleadservices.com/ redirect issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nhood01, Mar 14, 2011.

1. nhood01 macrumors member

Hey guys,

im not sure this is the right section for this thread.

Anyways, i have an issue where my google search results take me to this address http://results.googleadservices.com/ then redirect to a random website. It happens 75% of the time. I've tried clearing my cache and cookies, but it doesn't fix it.

Can anyone tell me how get rid of this pesky redirect?

Thanks, Nick

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read the "Why am I being redirected to other sites?" section of the following link.

Mac Virus/Malware Info

3. nhood01 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the response GGJStudios.

I have a question.

Do i have to follow step 5. (If any of the DNS servers are greyed out after entering your admin password, refer to this: 10.5: Disable DHCP-specified DNS servers) in order to successfully fix this? I don't really feel comfortable going into terminal to make global changes.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You only do that step if you have an issue with greyed-out DNS servers that you can't remove, even after entering your admin password.

5. nhood01 thread starter macrumors member

Im confused about the '10.5: Disable DHCP-specified DNS servers' article. It says this is a 10.5 only issue, yet i'm experiencing the greyed out DNS servers and i'm on 10.6.5.

I do have greyed out DNS servers in there after i enter my admin password, but i don't feel too comfortable making global edits in terminal.

Would you recommend making this terminal edit despite the possible incompatibility i may face in the future?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you're uncomfortable, don't do it. It works fine in 10.6. The article was created when 10.5 was current, and there was no need to update it, since it works in 10.6, as well. What are the DNS server numbers that are greyed out?