http://www.slightlyusediphones.com/

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spamdumpster, Jul 25, 2008.

1. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Anyone heard of or do business with this company. I responded to a craigslist add for a "silver" $199 iPhone first gen and got a response with a link to this website. The link was actually spelled wrong and I had to correct the error to get to the website. I also googled "slightlyusediphone.com" and got no hits.

Seems pretty sketchy. Anyone have any experiences to share? Personally, I plan on staying away until I get some more info.

2. bep207 macrumors 6502

no experience here, do they say where they are located?

3. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

4. bep207 macrumors 6502

5. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

It seems like they buy iPhones off ebay and ship them to you or something...

They have a link to a tracking page, so they must give you a tracking number? May seem sketchy, but could be legit.

6. wronski macrumors 6502

7. stupendusboi macrumors member

This doesnt seem like a scam to me. But it doesnt seem very reliable either. I would say to use paypal, and if it turns out to be a scam, then just file a complaint and get your money back.

8. johnk42 macrumors newbie

Scam!!!

DONT DO IT!!! This is a scam. I recently went through with it and nothing happened. Basically what happens is that you send a request for an iphone a couple minutes later he sends you an email saying thank you for interest an iphone has been set aside for you until payment has arrived. Payment must be by money order (pretty much a check). I asked him why does he only except money orders and not paypal and he told me that he has had people screw him over through paypal. Honestly paypal is the best way to pay for anything over the internet. But for some reason I still went through with it. Now what really caught my attention about this site was the 60 days 100% money back. If your not happy return it for a full refund. So after getting a money order I didnt send it right away. I waited 2 days because I just haven't had the time to mail it out. That next day I received an email from him asking me if I had sent the money order yet because if not that he would have to give my order up to someone else. So I told him ya I just sent it today. He replied again thank you your order has been set aside. That same day I asked him if he could let me know when he has received my money order. No response. Sent it again... No response. So I started to worry. A couple minutes later I played a little trick on him. With another email address of mine I sent him a request for an iphone. I received 2 email within 10 minutes to my phony request. So I called him out. I asked him how can you send 2 emails to this email and when Im trying to get a hold of you with my other email. As soon as I let him know that his money order is on the way he wont respond to your emails. Luckily I had just sent it out that day. The next day I went to the bank and stopped payment on it and got my money back before he got to it.

9. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Good post. Thank you.