HTTPMAIL Plugin problem with 10.5.6

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jbeul, Dec 16, 2008.

1. jbeul macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new here because I have a problem that isn't related on my country yet.

I just installed the 10.5.6 on my MBP yesterday and now, Httpmail plugin doesn't work anymore. It doesn't say me anything I just don't get any mail.

Is anyone else in this position and has the solution ?

Thanks

2. daabido macrumors newbie

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

This seems to happen everytime when one upgrades to the next version. Give it a few days and hopefully the group that puts out the HTTP plug in will do a fix for us. Until then use the web interface. Or better yet you can always do what a lot of people here have done. Switch to google or yahoo.

4. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Damn. This hadn't happened since 10.5.2. I hate the hotmail web interface.

5. Merakko macrumors newbie

6. dparnell macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm "the group" that puts out the httpmail plugin. I've just released the a new version of the plugin that should work with 10.5.6 (it works on my machine ;) )

Go to my site to download the new version.

7. jbeul thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes thanks a lot it's working ;)

Btw if you could send me your code so when it happens next time i can do myself thanks ;)

8. Merakko macrumors newbie

thanks a lot it works like a charm!!

9. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Speaking of HTTPMail, what Incoming Server should be used? I can't get one working with my (free) basic Hotmail account.

10. weckart macrumors 68040

I think it only works with legacy hotmail accounts or Live hotmail accounts. Unless Microsoft has reversed its policy, recent free hotmail accounts are accessible only through the web interface.

11. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Great!

Thank you!

12. fourwalls macrumors newbie

Genius

After updating to 10.5.6 I could no longer check my Hotmail account from the MAIL application. But I found this thread and all is good again. Merry Christmas!

I just closed the MAIL program. Downloaded the new HTTPmail application and installed it. Next time I started MAIL, everything worked again.

13. topcomer macrumors newbie

I've just installed this application but I don't receive any mail from the server.. my hotmail account is @msn.com and I have it since 2001, so it should be a legacy one.. I don't receive any error message, nor any failure when I "take the account online"

EDIT: I just had to wait 20 minutes, now it works!

14. topcomer macrumors newbie

now I have the problem that httpmail is downloading again all the messages I erase..

15. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Why people bother with hotmail is beyond my grasp.

I'd highly recommend leaving your problems completely behind you by getting a free Gmail account, which offers ~8GB and supports IMAP for FREE. Why bother with hotmail. Whenever I see a hotmail address I'm afraid its spam. HTTPMail problem solved once and for all. Only email your friends to inform them of your new gmail address and leave a ton of spam behind.

16. jonjamesm macrumors regular

jonjamesm

thats fine but for those of us who have had a hotmail account since before we had a mac (and have the address printed on there business cards) I'd like to keep my address.

I'd also like to know how to get it back on my Mail app.

Let me know if anyone works this out :(