Huawei's Ascend P7 Sapphire Edition

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by jamezr, Sep 5, 2014.

1. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

2. jamezr, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014

jamezr thread starter macrumors G4

jamezr

For now it is...first to market a Sapphire screen phone. It is still a world first. It is still news.....

3. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

Can someone explain to me all the Sapphire hype?

4. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Supposedly more scratch resistant and durable than Gorilla Glass but I also believe it's more brittle and susceptible to breaking, especially on larger sizes, say via impact or bending. Another article I read a while back said it's less transparent than regular glass and more expensive to produce.

5. jamezr thread starter macrumors G4

jamezr

Rumor has it was going to be on the new IP6.....now rumor has it will not. Hope they don't have the issues you mentioned......
    I have no issues with Gorilla glass. I really don't care about Sapphire screens. I would rather have more storage and better battery life than a Sapphire screen on any phone.

6. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Same here--I want whatever provides the most durability and best clarity. If sapphire offers better durability over other options yet doesn't add to the cost I pay for my device, then great. Otherwise, GG has been serving me fine on my devices for years.

7. iBanker macrumors regular

I'd rather have a scratched screen than one that'll crack easily when dropped from a short height (i.e. moreso than now).

Is the fingerprint sensor under the screen?