HUD Theme Mac OS X Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dylanhicks48, Jan 25, 2009.

1. dylanhicks48 macrumors newbie

http://danilux.deviantart.com/art/My-Hud-79586598

I stumbled across this screenshot on deviantart.com and was wondering how the artist made his 10.5 OS look like that. :confused: I contacted him a while ago but I haven't heard back yet.

Can anyone help me on this? :) Thanks. :apple::apple:

2. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

I would like to know as well, looks very slick

3. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

He probably revels in getting inquiries how to copy him, then not answering back :D

Btw on page 2 of responses, the author posted this download link to get the theme.

Personally I wouldn't do it for three reasons: 1) I prefer the default OS X look, 2) this is a fairly obscure thing & if you don't know the author how can you trust his code?, and 3) system hacks tend to be broken by software updates (then those people come here with "OS X problems").

4. ihabime macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure he's running Windows, just tricked out to look like OSX, he mentions running AveDesk, Miranda and his own special about this mac program.

5. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

exactly, it's a fake

6. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Except that I posted the link to download it above and lots of different users have commented about it.

7. Prekesh macrumors regular

Prekesh

its windows XP running a few 3rd party apps like avedesk and objectbar

i've done it on XP too, it just LOOKS good, doesn't perform half as well to the OS X equivalent

8. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the only thing that the file from the author's link does is skin the "About this Mac" box...the rest of the "theme" is just some concept art.