HomeKit Hue Strip (darkest backlighting color)

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Wxchaser, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Wxchaser macrumors regular

Wxchaser

I installed a Hue white and color ambiance LightStrip Plus today on the back of my entertainment center (I ran about 48 inches of the strip along the top back edge of the cabinet to provide back light while watching my LG OLED 65C7P.)

I'd like advice on what the darkest colors or combination of colors I can use while watching 4K UHD content via streaming or from disk.

Thanks for any advice! I'm not trying to tie the strip lights to music or changing scenes in the movies themselves.

2. wesley96 macrumors 6502

wesley96

LightStrip Plus has three sets of LEDs - cold white, warm white, and RGB. Each of the colour component LEDs making up the RGB part is dimmer than the white LEDs. Therefore, try making it use a single primary colour - red, green or blue - at the lowest brightness. If you're going to try a colour combination, going towards green-blue is a better bet because if you move to yellow, the warm white LED might be used.

3. Wxchaser thread starter macrumors regular

Wxchaser

Thanks will try that out tonight after sunset, much appreciated.