Hue Sync App Not Working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by itsmilo, Jun 1, 2018.

1. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo

has anyone tried the new Phillips Hue Sync App on the High Sierra beta? it doesnt work for me ... like it installed fine but when i click on it, nothing happens as in it does not open

2. Erlang macrumors member

I wrestled with it for a couple of hours last night, no real success. Films/Video played from iTunes blanked my Macs screen whenever sync enabled unless I Airplayed to ATV. I gave up trying syncing music as it kept insisting I enable Audio input under "Security & Privacy > General"

There is no audio or Hue Sync settings under that heading the only setting is "Security & Privacy > Privacy" which is enabled for Hue Sync.

Something is screwy somewhere.

3. bbednarz macrumors 6502a

bbednarz

I just got done playing with it. It took a little while to get it to work. At first I would click on the button to start the sync and nothing would happen. I restarted the app then started playing music from iTunes and then started the light sync last and it worked. It really worked well, looked awesome in sync with Thunderstruck.

I am not running any beta software though so I dont know if that is playing a role in your issue.

4. Erlang macrumors member

Removed Sync, re-installed, rebooted a few times and got Sync working with Music.

5. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Worked straight away with music but no joy with video.