Huge Apple vs. Dell War on Yahoo! Answers

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by newguineafan, Jan 2, 2009.

1. newguineafan macrumors member

newguineafan

Hello all,

Recently on Yahoo! Answers (I know, I know, not the greatest website), there has been a huge Apple vs. Dell war. Unfortunately, trolls have taken over the category of computers, and a few select users have been posting spam links for Dell.

A answer I posted to a question about "what's the best laptop for me" also ended up being answered by a troll. Now there is a huge voting war between my answer and the troll's answer.

If it isn't any trouble, can I get some support on this question? Vote for my answer at this link:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...ut63wIUjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20090101132716AAdqWi9

P.S. - I'm the guy who recommends the Apple MacBook refurb.

Thanks in advance!

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

That does not look like a huge war, and who cares what the other guy buys?

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

wait, so you want us to basically say your views are right and every pro pc view is wrong? sorry thats just not the case

you didnt post the original question in yahoo right? if not, then why are you asking for our opinion on the matter?

4. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

All I know is that I have a MacBook Pro and I am more than happy with it. I don't really worry about anything else.

I will say, I always laugh at how ugly those other computers are. :D

5. newguineafan thread starter macrumors member

newguineafan

No, it's not necessarily a Mac vs. PC thing, it's more of an anti-spammer thing.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

No, it's your pride. If you want to avoid spam get off of youtube and yahoo answers.

7. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I love those threads.

I looked at macs but didnt have what I wanted/needed on the hardware realm.

Bluray/hdmi were two very important things for me.
    The machine I ended up with exceeds my expectations especially for the price and warranty.

Apple much nicer looking computer, very nice display but lacked in the bluray and hdmi area and was over $500 more than the dell.

8. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

Maybe I am missing something, but it looks like there's only one vote a piece. This does not strike me as a huge war. This does not strike me as even a pissing match. This strikes me as a difference of opinion.

Also, MR is not your personal army. I hope someone gets that.:)

9. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

WOW.
    I've never heard anybody praise Dell.
    What the hell is up with that.
    I know many hardcore PC fanboys and even they despise Dells.

10. gjw4u macrumors 6502

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

dell makes great monitors

i have no issue with dell

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

thank you for making all mac users and fan look like idiots.

The guys while very pro PC is very informative and sadly a much better answer than the macbook answer. It was detailed and did explain problems in "cheap PCs" and other locations of answers. Hell I do not see how it what you are complaining about is any different than the you posting a link to apple.
    Hell he even provided a way to find them cheaper and explained it....

NO WHERE in his post did he say apple computers where crap or even say anything about about.

Thank you again for making all mac fan and users look like clueless idiots when it comes to computers.

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i just read the thread you linked to

why do you say huge war when theres only 3 posts

yours is the only one thats biased towards a company as you state so yourself

14. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Clearly the person praising 'Dell, HP and IBM because they must be the best as they supply ALL the US Governments computers', is an inbred.

:cool:

15. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Hooray for Dell! I love their projectors and they don't make a bad computer either. I like my MacBook better, but their notebooks are nothing to sneeze at.

Huge: extremely large, enormous.

16. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Yeah that is true.
    i run strictly dell pcs and laptops (stripped of all the dell software crap)
    4 pcs
    4 notebooks

Great 4 year warranties, always had very good service, they come to my house, and they run good deals every so ofter. (www.gotapex.com)

Their accidental care warranty covers EVERYTHING.

My son has the 1730 and it is very nice. My latest is the XPS1510 i like it.

17. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Exactly.
    Dell notebooks are large, bulky, and some of the uggliest laptops out there.
    Plus, they run Windows.

18. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

the XPS 1730 is LARGE but it is truly a desktop replacement.

Again if apple had the bluray and hdmi it would have been a tougher decision

19. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Good thing it covers everything considering Dell laptops (and the desktops I've managed at school) are made like crap.
    I'm not just shooting you some BS, I know from experience.

20. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

yeah I as just making my experience up :rolleyes:

21. daflake macrumors 6502a

Deployed to Iraq with a Dell Inspiron and it worked like a champ even with all the dust and dirt. Not only that, but my CDROM died due to a sand storm (not normal wear and tear) and Dell over nighted a new one to my wife to be shipped to me. Frankly they are pretty good PC's for the money and they do run more than just windows... I have run both Solaris and Linux on them.

I like my mac better but Dell is not a bad deal either.

As for the OP... I think you need to get a bit of a life and quit worrying about who is recommending what. :rolleyes:

22. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

You're funny. I was referring to the OP's description of the Yahoo! fanboy war as "huge".

23. Negotiator74 macrumors newbie

Do you promote Apple products through an affiliate link??? Perhaps the one that Commission Junction runs? Just curious why you would be so interested in winning this "war."

24. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

No sure if this is direct to my post, I have used gotapex a number of times if there are others either I haven't used them in a very long time or I am not awre of them. But Apple store US and Canada coupons and discounts are also posted there. Not always on the main page but there is a section off to the right listing all the merchants that offer discounts.

If not directed at my post sorry.