Huge Availability

NMKA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Just nipped out to the nearest Apple Store on the off-chance of getting a new iPad. Greeted by 25 Apple employees all trying to serve me. Got an AT&T 32GB but could have had any model or colour and total time from arriving to leaving store - less than 10 mins

thetruth1985

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2010
This is good to read. I was just about to meet some guy on craigslist who wanted to sell me his 64gb verizon for $1250. I think I will check my local apple store first.

badpinoy

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

I heard Mr. Cook worked hard to ensure that there plenty of iPads. Which would help drive down sales on eBay and Criagslist.

100Teraflops

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Elyria, Ohio
This is good to read. I was just about to meet some guy on craigslist who wanted to sell me his 64gb verizon for $1250. I think I will check my local apple store first.
Yeah, you should shop around before giving away your hard earned loot! My 0.02 though!

Last edited:

1080p

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
:eek:I am amazed you were seriously considering paying that amount without trying to get it at retail first. I've got some swamp land for sale you may be interested in...

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Whoa?!! And you planned to buy the iPad you saw on CL? It's your money for sure, but I wouldn't pay that much for an iPad. Especially when you based in US and get plenty of supply, and priority. Wait a few more weeks for new iPad wont kill ya.

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011

too funny dude. The thing is that there are actually idiots out there paying up for the device.

Gix1k

macrumors 68030
Jun 16, 2008
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the lines were crazy with the iPad 2 because there were major changes from the first gen. There aren't enough for this model to make as many people upgrade.

Hoggles

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Portlandia
I don't know what is more troubling....

Him selling it for that ridiculous price.... or you were "about" to meet him.

What the hell...

MANY ways to get one today at normal prices people. Drive a little if ya have to. Fly somewhere (it might be cheaper)...good gawd.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68020
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
I just called my local Apple Store (Brandon, Florida, USA), and they said that they still had plenty in stock and the crowds had been dealt with by now.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I will overnight mine to you for that price!

smiddlehurst

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2007
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the lines were crazy with the iPad 2 because there were major changes from the first gen. There aren't enough for this model to make as many people upgrade.
I'll go out on a limb and say until we see the sales figures (which Apple will probably announce in the next few days) we have zero way to know what's happening but based on the fact Apple seem to have been making these things since the start of 2012 I'd suggest there's simply way more stock around this time... I guess that's not much of a limb really...

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
No, there aren't insane lines because Apple gave people the option of pre-ordering and whenever people can preorder everyone thinks Apple isn't selling units. There are just a lot of people who would rather have their iPad delivered than stand in lines for hours and still not get an iPad.

SeniorGato1

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Some things to consider:

1) We're coming into a weekend

2) Apple may not replenish stock for a week or two.