Huge delay time and billing errors on the TomTom Car kit

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bit_bucket, Nov 23, 2009.

1. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Last week I ordered the TomTom Car Kit for the iPhone from the online store because my local store does not have any, and doesn't think they will get any. Not only did Apple double charge me for the shipping, what the online receipt and what I was charged are 2 different things aside from the double billing. To make matters worse it is a good 3 weeks until they ship. Is this the normal experience people have when purchasing from the Apple store, or is it just the product that I am trying to buy, and the billing limbo it puts me in because it is not shipping right away?

I buy almost everything Apple from the brick and mortar Apple Store so I am not all that experienced with issues relating to it.

2. dagomike macrumors 65816

Mine came through OK, although I tried to cancel the order. The order was "about to ship" status or whatever for three weeks! Basically I think this was fulfilled by TomTom or someone else and not Apple or something. So, might explain issues.

Are you sure you got charged 2x for shipping and it wasn't the tax?

3. bit_bucket thread starter macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Yes very sure. The breakout with tax and shipping was $144. Shipping being $16 of that. When I looked at my CC it was charged the $144 plus an additional $16 from apple.

I called them this morning and they said they would reverse this $16 charge and they were sorry for the error. Then all of a sudden the car kit ships. Very odd.