Huge dilemma (Broken 3G screen)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DJ88, Jan 9, 2010.

  1. DJ88 macrumors regular

    Jul 5, 2007
    Downtown Miami
    I have a white iPhone 3G that just bit the dust, screen totally cracked. So I went to the apple store and my only options are to get a new 3G for $200, a new 3GS for $200 or just stick with this one.

    I'm sitting here in the mall thinking this through.

    I skipped the 3GS because I wanted to save my upgrade eligibIlity for the next iPhone so I'm worried If I get the 3GS now I'll be screwed when the next one comes out

    Do you guys think I should wait it out with this one? Still works fine, or do you think when the next iPhone comes out there will be some way to get the subsedized price even if I use my upgrade now? Or should I just spend the 200 on a new 3G?

    I have no idea what to do and this really sucks, so any help would be great.
  2. phpeters87 macrumors member


    Nov 9, 2009
    Have your screen repaired for about half the price thru a 3rd party, then upgrade once the new iPhone comes out and sell your old one.

    Check craigslist or Google for iPhone repair.

Share This Page