Huge Dilemma

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FuuFuu, Jul 9, 2008.

1. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

So i'm planning on buying a macbook 13.3 for college this fall. i had a great deal. $100 off on the macbook for being a college student, a free printer worth $100 and a free ipod touch worth $300. i was planning on selling the ipod touch on ebay since i already have an ipod and possibly the printer for the same reason. Also buy the applecare on ebay since its cheaper. This would all cost about 1700 with the white macbook 2.4 first time and with selling the two items it would come to be about $1000, a great deal.

My problem is that i just heard that there's a new macbook coming out Q3. would these deals still be on when the macbook comes out? are there any obvious patterns that they do every year?

2. ihabime macrumors 6502

There's a lot of speculation, but the best information is in the buyers guide, which would suggest an update sometime in september. Whether it's before or after the back to school promo ends, nobody knows.

3. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Dude just like last year's nano updates, its gonna be either the Back to college offer for you or you may choose the new MB/P (whenever they appear). You cant mix the offers!

4. FuuFuu thread starter macrumors regular

FuuFuu

so in your opinion, which would you buy?

5. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

I would get the macbook now because they won't be doing the deal when they update the macbook. The whole point of the back to school deal is to clear out stock generally (at least based on past offers and updating cycles).

6. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I'd get it now. I don't see any upcoming update to be anything spectacular. I think they already have the Penryn processor (right?), so the processor upgrade won't be significant. Who knows, maybe they'll have a redesign. But really, the current MacBooks are pretty sweet.

7. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Er... If you have a notebook (even an antique 'Win' Yuck)
    I would wait for next year!

If you dont.... I'll buy the new MB.