Huge Doubt

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by federernadal, May 30, 2010.

1. federernadal macrumors newbie

I have an iTouch 3.1.3 that I wish to jailbreak.

So I followed the instructions here:-

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-iphone-os-3.1.3-firmware-with-redsn0w-0.9.3-9140421/

What does it mean when it says "Step 2: Start redsn0w 0.9.3 and point it to the original iPhone 3.1.2 firmware to proceed. This is required because redsn0w 0.9.3 can not read or validate iPhone 3.1.3 firmware."

What am I supposed to do?? Could anyone explain this step in detail??

Or any other link that provides a detailed way to jailbreak iTouch 3.1.3??

Thanks!

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

For 3.1.3 Redsn0w uses files from the 3.1.2.ipsw for the jailbreak process so when you run it it needs to know where to find the files so when the window opens press the "Browse" button and then locate the 3.1.2.ipsw.

I think you need redsn0w 0.9.4 for 3.1.3 at least that is what I used on my original 2G Touch. If you want a easier jailbreak or have a 3G touch a newer 8GB MC model second gen touch you should use Spirit www.spiritjb.com

3. federernadal thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I use the 3G. I'm going to try the spiritjb. Will post the results. Thank you!!

4. federernadal thread starter macrumors newbie

So the problem is, when I click the "Jailbreak" button in the Spirit app, its says that there is an error immediately and the program is not responding.

How to resolve this problem?

Also, what can I expect once it starts jailbreaking my 3G 3.1.3 iTouch? Will I lose all my stored apps, songs, etc??

5. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Are you using a Windows PC? If so as mentioned on the Spirit website the developer suggests that if you get an error to set Spirit.exe compatibility to Windows XP or 95 if needed.

To set compatibility right click on Spirit.exe and select Properties>Compatibility
    then make your selection. Connect your device and rerun Spirit.

Spirit takes under 60 seconds to jailbreak your device and will not remove any files, apps or data.

6. federernadal thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried changing the compatibility mode to Windows 98/ME, Windows XP. But it still didn't work. I also ran it as an administrator.

It says dl.exe has stopped working, and then error no c000035a.

What to do?

Thank you!

7. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Try a Windows 95 setting, other than that I don't know but Googling "spirit c000035a error" brings up a few links and videos to possible solutions.

8. federernadal thread starter macrumors newbie

Through lots of youtubing and googling, I managed to get Cydia on my itouch! Yeah!!!

Now what do I do?

Also, can I sync my iTouch with itunes? Anything I should be aware of with my jailbroken itouch? Anything I should avoid doing?

Thanks!!

9. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Have a look through cydia and see what takes your fancy, perhaps be a bit reserved with theming etc if you start having to many things loaded you may start experiencing slow downs and other problems.

I'm more into things that add functionality to the touch like SBsettings, Music Controls etc.

Your device will function as normal with iTunes.

10. federernadal thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have wifi access apparently. I downloaded some 3rd party apps from a website, added them to my itunes, and synced my itouch with itunes. However, those 3rd party apps did not come to my 3G 3.1.3 itouch yet.

I haven't done anything with cydia yet (no wifi), so I guess I'll have to do something with that. What exactly do I have to do with Cydia?

Thanks!