HUGE issue while installing Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Jrv, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Jrv, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011

Jrv macrumors regular

EDIT: Nevermind, I called Applecare and found the fix. I just had to hold down option+command+r+p at the same time at boot up and it got me back into snow leopard.

So I purchased the 30 dollar student version of windows 7 off of their website. I downloaded the iso they gave me, mounted with Toast, and ran the install with bootcamp.(On Macbook Pro 13 inch 2011 with Snow Leopard) The computer shut down like usual to run the windows install, but apparently nobody told me that you can't install Windows 7 by mounting the iso, you have to actually burn the iso to a disk and install it from that, so it's giving me the "No bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key" message. Problem is, I can't get passed this screen. I can't even get into Snow Leopard anymore. It won't let me boot anything!

What can I do?

2. DeadPixel217 macrumors member

Its likely trying to boot from the Windows partition while there is nothing there to boot from. I've had this problem before, for some reason Windows takes priority during install. Restart and at the bong press and hold the alt button. Keep holding it until you get icons for each bootable option. Select Macintosh HD and you should be fine :)