Huge issue with Firefox history menu 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macuserdk, Jul 30, 2011.

1. macuserdk, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011

macuserdk macrumors newbie

Hi people

(mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move it for me, thanks)

I've done a clean install of Lion from a DVD. Installed Firefox 5.0.1. Synced my profile within firefox and should be ready to go, but.

Whenever I press history in the menubar next to View and Bookmarks my Firefox crashes. I can't find anyone else with the same problem and I'm getting really impatient here. Don't want to install Snow Leopard again, but I just might have to.

Anyone have any ideas... Help please...

EDIT: Oh and I've tried to reinstall firefox, and I've tried with the newest beta. Still not able to use History, which is something I really need.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I'm moving this to Mac Basics and Help as I think a wider audience may have some thoughts.

B

3. macuserdk thread starter macrumors newbie

4. macuserdk thread starter macrumors newbie

5. blastoboy1000 macrumors newbie

You probably aren't, but it does seem like a fairly specific and isolated phenomenon. What you should do is open Console (with Applications > Utilities), and press Clear Display, one of the buttons at the top. Then, launch Firefox and crash it. To see what the entries from Firefox are (as other processes may have logged something in the meantime), you can filter the log with the search-like box on the top right of the window. Post back with the last couple (it can't hurt) log entries from Firefox, and we can get started trying to help you out.