General HUGE jailbreak Issue Need Help ASAP

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dima470, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

So i have jailbroken my friend's iPhone 5 yesterday and she was very happy with it. It is running 7.0.4. SO i installed iFile but upon opening it the iPhone crashed and is now at a black screen. I can't do a hard reset because the lock button is broken and nothing works unless you hold the home button. In that case, Siri activates but the screen is still black. I forgot to install OpenSSH so i can't use terminal to reboot it. So i decided to use iFUnBox to go into the root and manually force it to respring. But to access the root, appearantly you need to have AFC2ADD installed on you Idevice, so iFunBox thinks the phone isn't rooted. Siri also now won't open applications. So i told her to get Siri to play music till it dies, but she needs her iPhone sooner due to the expectation of an important text. Can anyone help me? I've searched the internet with no luck. Thank you.

2. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Now, is this the LEGAL copy of iFile? or the "Cracked version"?

3. munakib macrumors 6502

4. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

BTW, before manually installing Mobile Substrate, iFile (legal, non-cracked version) also shows a black screen on my iPhone 5. However, it immediately returns to the SpringBoard.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

DFU not possible with a broken lock button.

OP, why with your knowledge of jailbreaking, would you ever attempt one knowing that your lock button (aka "get out of jail free card") isn't functional?:confused::confused:

6. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

theres important data on this iPhone and i know i messed up but there has to be some fix.

7. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

Don't you do backups? Seems like a bad idea to do a hack before a backup.

8. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

i think she has an icloud backup the thing is she had very little time and i had to jailbreak it ASAP. So is there any options for me or is my only hope to wait the battery out and try to boot into safe mode?

9. munakib macrumors 6502

he can restore using itunes directly no lock button required, itunes should take him through dfu

10. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

any non restore methods?

----------

i replicated the problem on another iphone but was able to fix it due to it having openssh installed.

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I can't guarantee anything, but using an old jailbreaking tool a year or two later was still able to get me in and out of DFU mode. Given that we're already in a bad spot it won't hurt anything to give it a shot : http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=23009

----------

I've had many iPods and iPhones refuse to connect to iTunes when jailbroken (many times because of extensive tweaking).

That said, this won't work for the OP because a restore will erase everything, this guy is just trying to get the phone functional again to get data on the phone.

12. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

the thing is i'm not in need of DFU mode i need to figure out how to shut this thing down so i can reboot into safe mode.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Ah, Im sorry, I could have sworn that tool had a restart command in it the last time I used it. That said it's been at least 2 years since I've been jailbreaking :eek:

14. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

ya see thats the thing ive also moved onto android and havnt jailbroken in so long. don't remember any packages or anything haha.

15. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

That was your first mistake. She already waited 3 months for a jailbreak, what's another day to do some research and find out that iFile isn't working with the latest jailbreak yet (among many other tweaks/apps)?

:rolleyes: