HUGE kudos to apple-my situation

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mathewbhavnani, Apr 24, 2015.

1. mathewbhavnani macrumors member

Ups actually screwed up my delivery here in Vancouver BC. Apple shipped all the watches out to ups at the same time. Ups got them and scanned, sent many out for delivery here in Canada and around my area in Vancouver. For some reason, I saw a day delay on mine last night and researched online, a few other people did too. Turns out ups decided to leave a few boxes behind for a delivery on Monday. Was emailing/tweeting ups all day today and they kept emphasizing to expect a watch on Monday. Considering I pre ordered at 12 02 am on April 10 and got an April 24-may 8 delivery date while others in late may got theirs today.....I wasn't happy. Left the house to go get some coffee and got a call from an "unknown" number. It was apple online store and they said for me to expect a watch tomorrow. Apple went above and beyond to make sure ups delivers the watch to me by tomorrow instead of Monday. Spoke to ups after apple called me ans they said that both apple and ups came to the agreement that for apple watch deliveries, there will be a delivery on Saturday where Saturday deliveries are applicable :)

I assume Vancouver is one of those applicable cities? But all in all I'm pleased with how apple handled things. Fantastic service!!!

2. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

this is why I do NOT get why Apple decide to launch a product on FRIDAY.

of course some people (who aren't as vocal as you) will stuck with not getting their watch for 2 extra days.

Why not release it on Monday so everyone can get theirs as soon as possible?

3. mathewbhavnani thread starter macrumors member

I wonder if they did that to give them "a little bit more time" to fulfill and build more supply

4. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

This is good news for me. I have a tracking # since Tuesday and provided me a delivery of 4/24. I was up until 4am of launch day and checked my UPS before I hit the sack and saw a message saying a delay due to an error in sorting

I live in Chicago and my watch is stuck in Harrington, Delaware the whole day. Spoke with UPS twice requesting for an expedite since it's their fault. The first correspondence told me to expect it Monday and apologized for the inconvenience. Second is more promising although the Monday delivery stayed put. I was told it might be delivered Saturday since Apple upgraded all shipments for this launch shipments who got delayed.

Checked my UPS status awhile ago and is now in transit. Around 7pm CST, it had left Maryland enroute to Chicago so barring any unforseen events, it should be in Chicago before the crack of dawn. Hoping it gets delivered to me before I head out to work at 2:30pm. We'll see

5. mathewbhavnani thread starter macrumors member

Anybody in Canada or Vancouver BC for that matter in the same boat as I am?