HUGE permissions issues

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by disconap, Jun 17, 2014.

1. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Hi all--I'm having a weird problem with permissions on my server (Mac Mini mid 2011 i5 2.3gHz, 8gbRAM, 10.9.3, Server 3.1.2). I'm running a RAID10 and RAID0 (both OSX software raid) connected via thunderbolt. The problem is that I seem to have to propagate permissions to the files in my drives like 3-4 times per week; the main drive tier retains the proper permissions when I go to check, but the files either can't be opened or copied. My user is set to a group that have full control permissions over the drives.

Any thoughts? It's becoming really tiresome and is exactly the sort of thing I switched to OSX Server to avoid. It also makes using the drives for my itunes library a royal PITA, as iTunes keeps freezing, crashing, and then preventing me from copying files to the library until I change the permissions again...

2. jamall macrumors regular

Have you tried checking the "Ignore permissions on this drive" check box in the get info window, or is access control necessary?

3. disconap thread starter macrumors 68000

disconap

Access control is necessary as I run a small company, and different drives/folder have different info and files (hence the group permissions)...