HUGE piece of dust...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imetazoa, Sep 13, 2008.

1. imetazoa macrumors member

imetazoa

hi everyone,

so i have had my iphone now for JUST over 30 days and a gigantic piece of dust appeared under my screen. it is very noticeable.

two things:
    1) can i exchange it since it has been past 30days?
    2) can i exchange it at a bestbuy or att store? (the closest apple store is two hours away)

thanks

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

People have varying degrees of success. Give it a try and see what happens.

3. vdm10 macrumors newbie

where did you buy it from? apple stores would probably be your best bet. then at&t and then bestbuy. the later two would probably give you a harder time though.

4. danielforman macrumors regular

I'm am currently waiting for my 8th iPhone to arrive and all previous one's with the exception of the first have had dust under the glass. It appears that the rubber seals around the glass are not sealing properly and that is how the dust is getting in. I even went to the Apple Store closest to me (2 hours away) and out of about 8-10 on display only 1 had no dust that I could see.

Just a warning that you might see the same problem again if you get a replacement so check any replacements before leaving the store.

5. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Eighth iPhone? Isn't that a bit excessive...?

6. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

7. PaulMBPEngland macrumors newbie

PaulMBPEngland

Yeah do a screenshot :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. danielforman macrumors regular

Does seem excessive but the all the phones have had other issues along with the dust problem such as stuck or dead pixels, cracked casing, really rough edges or dust on the camera lens.

I could probably live with the dust problem but in some cases quite a bit gets in and I started to notice white specs while using the phone when black/dark backgrounds were displayed such as the home screen background.

The people I have spoken to at Apple Care have said that dust should not be getting in and have always happily exchanged them for another.