Huge problem in iOS 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bass93, Nov 22, 2010.

1. bass93 macrumors regular

I just downloaded the new update (iOS 4.2.1) and installed it on my fourth generation iPod Touch. I start using it. Go to the music tab, and find no content. Go to videos, no content. Yet I still had pictures. I went to the info in my settings and it still says that I have 1,683 songs and 3 videos. So I went back to the music and still found no content. I tried searching for music in the main search. It came up with titles to songs. I tried them. Took me to the music app and still showed me no content. I restarted it and it still shows no content. Anyone else having this issue? I don't feel like restoring again cuz that takes waaayyyyy too much time. Sigh...

2. doinkies macrumors newbie

I had this problem too after updating. I fixed it by syncing my iPod - after I synced it, I got an "updating library" message and my music came back. Try syncing your iPod and see if that works for you too.

3. bass93 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I got it fixed. I have my settings to manually manage my music. So I tried putting an album on my iPod that I didn't have on it, and it updated the library and it's all back now.

4. Psychotech macrumors newbie

Same Problem & Same Fix on 3GS

After updating to 4.2.1, all seemed well phone wise. I was on my way out and when opening iPod app got the "No Content" screen. I added a playlist and re-synched the 3GS, then after opening the iPod app, the phone took a minute to "Load Library" and so far it looks like it did previously (Podcasts, music, playlists appear the same).

Pretty weird glitch, but appears to not be destructive. I just hope that it is a one time thing...

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have the same problem. :mad: I can see everything when I connect to my Mac. But when I click on the iTunes App on my POd it says there is no content. Inside the General settings it says that its there...but when I click on Itunes it says this. ugh!!!!

I will try to add a song and see if it comes back. This has never happened to any of the iTouch I've own.

[​IMG]

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Thanks Guys that worked. This is weird though. I was not ready to travel to the Apple store especially this holiday week. Before I got this iPod, I had lost my backup on my computer and my Powerbook with the other backup wasn't compatible with 4G iTouch. So I was slowly getting all the settings back on to my Pod. This glitch is not good. :(

7. SharkBasketball macrumors newbie

You think you had it rough?

Just listen to my problem! (Sorry for the bit of rudeness, I really do feel for you). I connected my iPod touch 3rd gen to my laptop, and opened iTunes. I download the update, which took about 45 min on a ~450-500KBps wireless connection (Windows 7). I try to install the update after backing up and transferring all my purchases. I finish installing the update, which took about 20 min, only to find that the update failed and I'd have to restore the iPod. So I think, I gues stuff happens. I try to restore my iPod touch. After waiting about 10 min, it says the restore failed. I try to restore again. This time it finally restores, but takes about a half hour. After all this, I look at what version of iOS was restored, and lo and behold, 4.2.1 was restored! How it did that I do not know, and so far I really dont like the update, especially the way they have changed the keyboard. I'm getting the feeling Apple tried to give people heart attacks by releasing 4.2.1!

P.S. I was not impressed by my year old laptop, when, while it was restoring my iPod, the CPU temperature (according to HW Monitor) reached 90 degrees Celsius, and the average temperature for the laptop is about 60-70 degrees. Absurd, right?!?!

8. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I can't even get that far...my third gen iPod's just fried.

9. bass93 thread starter macrumors regular

Wooowwwww, this all is just sad. Hopefully they'll release 4.2.2 really soon to fix these problems. And I want the old keyboard back!!! Though I do like the volume bar that is on the multitasking bar.

10. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Sorry to hear that Shark... My install was quick and easy. I've had this iPod for under a month and its about half full. Before I installed the update, I backed up/sync'd my iPod to my Mac.