Huge Problem!! Used "jailbreakme"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DopestGingah, Oct 29, 2007.

1. DopestGingah macrumors regular

Ok I am freaking out. I modded my 1.1.1 iPhone today using jailbreakme.com and everything was going fine. Then when I tried to install Summerboard and Customize, my phone froze. So no big deal right? Well, not quite. I held the sleep/wake button and the middle button until the Apple logo came up. Now when it boots back up, it shows everything but I can not click anything. If I wait for about 20 seconds, the spinning circle comes up (the one that comes up when you change themes) but that freezes too! And it will not recognize the iPhone in iTunes, so I can not do a system restore!!! I tried taking the sim card out, thinking it would go to the "Activate Using iTunes" and actually let me use iTunes, but instead it just says "No SIM" at the top left. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. chriswheat macrumors regular

Have you tried a complete restart? Hold down the power button and menu button for a few seconds.

3. DopestGingah thread starter macrumors regular

What do you mean the power and menu button? You mean the top right and the bottom one on the face of the phone? Yes, I did. Thats how I got the Apple logo to come up but its in like a never ending cycle.

4. spinstorm macrumors 65816

You will have to restore it!

I suggest you download Independence if your on MAC and that will see your iphone and put it into restore mode.

You know I have had to do this 3 times to my phone - each time I get a different problem because I was never happy with what I had.

The lesson to learn here is unless your a hacker and enjoy staying up all night typing command line prompts I would just use the phone as it is!

Nevertheless if your on a MAC independece is so easy to use - you should use that!

Good luck!

Some links that may help:

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/111/iphone_step1_mac.html

there is a windows method as well on that site so if you need that just go back to the homepage!

http://modmyiphone.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

More guidance there. Even if Independence does not work there is a method to get it into restore mode by holding the buttons for a certain period of time so have a look at the sites and try that!

5. DopestGingah thread starter macrumors regular

Okay fixed!!! I did do the recovery mode. You have to have your iPhone connected to your computer with iTunes up and running. Then hold down the power and home buttons for about 30 seconds (don't let go!). iTunes will now tell you that the iPhone needs to be restored. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!

6. EvanDLuther macrumors newbie

7. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh wow, I just noticed.
    The newbie responded to a 3 year old thread.
    Great, next time someone asks me something I will answer in 3 years:D

9. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

hey, what will the iphone look like in 3 years?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Let me get back to you on that:D

11. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

12. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I was wondering how the hell someone still had a 1.1.1 iPhone. Then when I saw him mention Summerboard and Customize that's when I looked at the date.

13. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

I looked at the date when after the first three replies no one said "1.1.1???"

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

1st thing that crossed my mind was. Spaz is that you? then I saw the thread was 3 years old. newbs half the time they don't bother to look down the page to see the other 10 threads like theirs, or they did up a way old thread and try to sound like a expert. :rolleyes:

15. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

And the post before the newbies post was actually saying that he had fixed it.

16. Stein357 macrumors 6502

17. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

haha.. took me a minute also to figure out what was up...