HUGE problem. Windows 7 RC, Boot Camp error 2229

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by amelsen, May 15, 2009.

1. amelsen macrumors member

Alright.. so yesterday I got my iMac, and today I attempted to install Windows 7....

Well.. thats all very good and dandy, but when it came to insert my MacOS CD to install Boot Camp... it gives me an error 2229... which basically prevents me from installing it and getting back into my MacOS... heeeelp =)

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Install boot camp? Hold option when you boot

3. amelsen thread starter macrumors member

... the option key?? You mean the button right next to the space key.. (not alt and ctrl?

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The Option key is the one that opens the boot options when you start up the computer, it's a necessity for Boot Camp :)

Boot Camp Assistant should already be installed.

1) Open Finder, go Applications -> Utilities -> Boot Camp Assistant.

2) Partition your hard drive using the on-screen instructions.

3) Insert the Windows 7 disc that you should have made beforehand.

4) In Boot Camp Assistant, press Start Installation. Your computer will shut down, and will automatically reboot from the Windows disc.

5) Follow the installation instructions. When it asks to pick the partition, select the one that says BOOTCAMP. It will say it isn't formatted properly, so click on the Options button and press Format. Continue the installation.

During installation the computer will reboot several times. When it does, you have to hold down the Option key and select the Windows partition each time otherwise it may automatically boot back into OS X, which you don't want.

Once Windows has finished installing, boot it up by holding down Option and selecting Windows when you turn your computer on. Now you can insert the OS X disc and install the Boot Camp drivers (this basically allows Windows to work with the hardware in your Mac)

Hope this helps :)

5. amelsen thread starter macrumors member

Which one is the option key? I can only make it boot into Windows 7...

The steps you wrote was precisely the steps I took...

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The option key is on either side of the spacebar, it should be next to the command button :)

7. amelsen thread starter macrumors member

Oh.. its the alt key =)...

Cool.. now it works

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Thats good :)

Enjoy what your iMac has to offer, I started using Boot Camp just yesterday and having a computer with both the most popular as well as the most stunning operating systems is amazing :)

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep = unfortunately Apple assumes were all Americanised and doesn't feel the need to explain that Option = Alt.

10. JCastro macrumors 6502a

They are both written on the key aren't they? alt at the top and option at the bottom. How much more explaining do you need? I guess Apple assumes that computer users can read...

11. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Just like Microsoft doesn't explain BSOD

12. datijn123 macrumors newbie

Guys take it easy.
    Go to your language configuration.
    START - LANGUAGE AND COUNTRY (LAND EN TAAL IN DUTCH).
    CHANGE IT TO "ENGLISH (UNITED STATES)"

Done.